Best VPN For PS4 | Step By Step Setup Guide
Playstations and other video game consoles have brought a revolutionary change in the gaming and entertainment industry. The era of gaming has completely changed. Wii allows you to play badminton, tennis, football and almost every games in your own living room! And the number of games that have been made available to users by Playstation across the world has been a milestone of it's own.
Playstation 4 has also improved its user experience by allowing Netflix access alongside gaming. But the problem is you cannot play multiplayer games with a foreign player or buy games at a cheap rate since you have Geo-restrictions on PS4. So you can simply overcome this by using a VPN. I have listed the best VPN for PS4 in this article after testing them for more than 20 hours.
Why Do You Need A Best VPN For PS4?
VPN plays an important role in improving one’s gaming experience as it lets users connect with any player across the world. So you could be sitting in the US, connecting with players from China, UK or USA right from your own living room!
Even though VPN may not affect a novice player, seasoned gamer will always vouch for it – the overall experience of owning a PS4 is improved infinitely by using VPN.
Benefits Of Using A best VPN For PS4
Installing Virtual Private Network not only helps the gamer to have an amazing experience on their PS4, but also helps protect their privacy. All the data is highly encrypted and the no log policy is considered as the best feature.
The other benefits includes
Prevents DDoS attack
When a gamer encounters DDoS attacks then he/she might experience sudden system crashes, slow internet speed and poor gaming experience.
Unblocks Amazon Prime, Netflix On PS4 From Anywhere
The web streaming services which are restricted mainly based on Geo-location can be simply unblocked by using VPN on PS4.
Play New PS4 Games Before It Gets Released In Your Country
This is an amazing feature offered by VPN. You can play new games on the PS4 before it gets released in your country by just changing your IP.
Buy PS4 Games At Cheap Price
The PS4 games prices varies from one country to another. If a game cost $50 in US then it will be definitely available at low price in some other country. So by changing your IP address to the location where the price is low, you can make a good purchase.
Provides Fast Connection
The presence of various servers across the world helps reduce the load and in turn helps in making it fast. And of course, it helps in accessing blocked content, so that's a win win situation!
5 Best VPN For PS4
ExpressVPN ensures complete privacy of the user as it conceals their location and provides 256-bit encryption of the user's network. This means that even when a user goes global with his/her gaming, no one can see what they are doing other than their gaming progress.
This VPN not only keeps user's data safe and hidden in an encrypted network but it also protects the device from potential DDoS (distributed denial of service) attacks. It also reduces the ping between various servers for a better gaming experience.
Express VPN's price is not the least, but its complete performance ensures that the gamer's money is put to good use. The Express VPN for PS4 also has a 30-day money-back guarantee as well, which makes this company a very trustworthy service provider.
NordVPN is considered to be one of the best VPN for PS4 because it consolidates performance, a complete focus on privacy and has many other important features.
They do not maintain a log and have servers across 60 countries which gives them the liberty to choose which server they prefer and also give them access to the game across the world.
Connection speed is an important aspect of good gaming experience and NordVPN provides top speed VPN which is great ideal for good gaming experience and streaming in HD.
Surfshark can be a great choice for gamers for their PlayStation. With more than 800 high-speed servers across 50 countries makes gaming fast more accessible. This service provider allows unlimited devices to connect with no logs at all.
It is budget-friendly compared to other service providers and respects the user’s data. This VPN for PS4 allows all interested people to take their 30-day money-back policy which establishes and ensures the firm’s reliability in the market.
IPVanish is another great VPN for PS4, which provides 1,100+ servers in more than 60 countries, forming an extremely rigid network. As for security concerns, IPVanish promises 256-bit AES encryption and a zero logs policy. It also supports and covers multiple protocols.
IPVanish also has a prime feature for gamers called “ Gaming Tailored Option” which sorts servers on the basis of ping time, making it more systematic and much easier to use. IPVanish unlike its rivals does not provide its customer with an option for a free trial but does have an option of a 7-day reimbursement guarantee, which however is a rare occurrence.
Among various best VPN for PS4 which are available, there are only very few which are low-priced but ensures a high standard of services. PureVPN is the second largest after HideMyAss VPN (HMA) in terms of global coverage with more than 700 servers across 140 countries.
This improves the gaming experience by providing wider access. This also provides protection from DDoS and NAT firewalls. This feature makes this service provider promising and hence a very good option.
PS4 VPN Setup Guides
As it is not possible to install a VPN into a PS4 console, the need for various hardwares such as a router arises. Installing VPN on a DD-WRT (Linux-based firmware for wireless routers) allows the user to use it on all devices connected to it,which includes Playstation as well.
The router automatically connects the VPN server to the desired country. This hides its access to restricted content from the internet service provider.
How To Setup VPN On Your PS4 Using Wi-Fi Router ?
- 1Go to the PS3 or PS4 and click on the XMB menu. Select the settings > network settings > then set up the internet connection.
- 2Select the "Use WiFi upon asking option".
- 3Then select the connection method as easy (only if asked).
- 4Choose your wireless internet connection and then enter your credentials. i.e your username and password.
- 5Click on the "Do Not Use a Proxy Server"
- 6This is the final step where you need to proceed by accepting all settings and then click on "Test Connection".
So by following these steps you can simply setup the VPN on PS4 using Wi-Fi router.
How To Setup VPN On Your PS4 Via Mac?
- 1Just connecting the PS4 to Mac ensures a proper VPN setup. Once you download and install the preferred VPN, the user will have to plug the cable into the Mac and PS4.
- 2Then you should go to the internet sharing option in the system preference. The user will then have to select “Wi-Fi” from the drop-down menu that says ‘Share Your Connection'.
- 3The next step would be to tick the option of ethernet from ‘computers using’ list.
- 4Then the user needs to activate ‘Wi-Fi sharing’ between mac and console.
- 5Once the mac is successfully connected with the PS4. Open the VPN in mac and select the server from the list of available servers.
- 6On your PS4, go to Settings, Network Settings, Set Up Internet Connection, Use a LAN Cable and then choose the Easy connection method.
- 7Then Select “Do Not Use a Proxy Server.” This connects PS4 to a server through mac.
So by following this guide you can install the VPN for PS4 on Mac.
How To Setup PS4 VPN On Windows PC?
Connecting PS4 is not much different from the setup in Mac
- 1You need to download and install the preferred VPN and plug the cable into the PC and PS4.
- 2Then you will have to go to the “Network and Sharing Center” in the “Control Panel”.
- 3There select “Change Adaptor” Settings on the window.
- 4In VPN’s properties, open the sharing tab and select ‘Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection’.
- 5Then choose the ‘home internet connection’ from ‘Home Networking Connection’.
- 6After connecting to your home networking connection, on your PS4, go to Settings, Network, Settings, Set Up Internet Connection, Use a LAN Cable and then choose the Easy connection method.
- 7Then Select “Do Not Use a Proxy Server.” This connects PS4 to a server to windows.
This simple guide will help you to install the VPN for PS4 on Windows PC
FAQ's On VPN For PS4
1. What Is A Playstation VPN?
A Virtual Private Network is a service that allows people to pretend to be in a different country. The VPN along with the PlayStation lets the gamer access all the Geo-restricted streams.
Even services that can be purchased in one country - like Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime TV may not be available in some other countries. A PlayStation VPN provides complete access to all the content. This also allows a player to connect to other players across the servers. This sometimes provides access to some games which are yet to be released in users' own country.
2. Can You Change Your IP Address On PS4?
Yes. If you want to change your local IP address then you can follow the further steps.
- 1Firstly you need to go to PS4’s main menu to open ‘networks’ from ‘settings’ option.
- 2Then you need to decide ‘WiFi’ or ‘LAN’ while setting up internet connection.
- 3Next you have to choose ‘Custom’ on screen titled ‘How do you want to set up the Internet connection?’.
- 4Then manually add an IP address and fill in other technical data
It is necessary to make sure that IP address and other data entered are correct for smooth functioning of the console.
3. How do you change DNS on PS4?
- 1To change DNS on PS4 you need to go to the network in the settings menu on the console.
- 2Based on the preference, you need to select “Wi-Fi” or “LAN” from the “set up internet connection” option.
- 3Then in the next window which appears, select “custom”.
- 4The next step displays IP address and DHCP settings which have to be default in case of no preference between both options.
- 5The DNS setting has to be in manual. Once you enter the values for the primary and secondary DNS our console will be using the DNS that the user chose and not the default one.
4. Can a Best VPN For PS4 Unblock Netflix, Amazon Prime And Spotify On Playstation?
A lot of times some platforms are restricted in some areas. VPN allows you to disguise completely by letting you change the location and therefore it provides an access Geo-restricted content. VPN helps users get a bypass against any regional restriction on the user’s PlayStation, making platforms like Netflix accessible across the globe.
5. How To Get Early Access To PS4 Games?
In many cases some games release in one part of the world first and then later release in other parts of the world. Having a good VPN service helps a gamer get early access to various games by accessing servers in that country.
6. How To Reduce Lagging On Your PS4 With VPN?
When playing either single player or multiplayer games, lagging has always been a troublesome part of the whole gaming experience. To increase speed, VPN connects the PS4 to a dedicated server. These servers are wisely chosen to ensure optimum performance with little or no lag while playing.
VPN therefore is a very important tool and it can boost up the PS4 experience drastically. All the VPNs offer a variety of services and the only thing remaining is that you need to choose your own VPN, which I hope that it has been made easier by this guide. Unlock the new experience, and stay tuned for more such informative articles.
We are a group of Technical experts who are very much concerned about Online Privacy. Every review that we write is the result of multiple testing on various devices. We verify the locations and the server that provides the IP and check whether it is safe to work with or not.